Master of Physician Assistant Studies Admission Requirements
Recommended Courses (not required): Genetics, Immunology, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry and/or Cell Biology, Nutrition, Sociology.
Additional Considerations for Admission
After verifying that the minimum requirements for admission are met (see above), the program will evaluate each candidate’s academic achievements, personal attributes and experiences. Factors given specific consideration are listed below. Please note that none of these factors, alone or in combination, guarantees admission. However, all else being equal, candidates who demonstrate a greater number of these factors will generally be in a better position for an interview and for admission. The admissions committee will consider these factors, along with the quality of the interview, to make recommendations for admission. Interviews are a requirement for admission to the program.
Additional Favorable Academic Achievements
- Overall GPA or Science GPA of 3.5 and above
- Induction into Golden Key International, National Scholars Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi and/or Phi Beta Kappa
- Research, publications or presentations
- Advanced degrees or training
- A combination of three or more basic healthcare training activities such as CPR, EMT, CNA, PALS, etc.
Significant Personal Experiences
- Overcoming significant life adversities and struggles
- Multi-lingual ability
- Work Experience
- Military or government service (including spouse)
- Voluntary service
- Medical or healthcare experience
- Experience with underserved populations (paid or volunteer)
- Franklin Pierce University student or alumni
- Resident of Vermont or New Hampshire
- From an underserved or rural area or extensive experience with populations from underserved/rural areas