The online system of study was comprehensive and easy to navigate Steve Schober – Ergon Energy, Australia
I am more aware of why I do some of the things I do. –Paula Palmer – Barbados Light Power Co, Barbados
It has opened my eyes to pitfalls otherwise hidden from an engineer. I will definitely be attending another course in the near future. –Henk Barnard – Iritron, South Africa
I would like to thank the instructors for readily sharing their experience and making the course both enjoyable and immensely practical. – Paul Ashurst Ampcontrol, Australia
Good interaction with the lectures, practical oriented content and flexible schedules for working students. Clement Muzite Thiess, Australia
If you want to improve career prospects and be trained by excellent trainers with a thorough knowledge of the industry and train at your own pace then i would recommend this course Gary Burrowes, BHPBilliton
52810WA – Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
Course at a Glance
Course Name – 52810WA – Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology
Course Code – DME
Qualification – Advanced Diploma
Duration – 18 Months
CEU/CPD* – on enquiry
*CEU/CPD hours vary according to your professional body.
Contact a Course Advisor
IN THIS INTENSIVE, PART-TIME, 18-MONTH LIVE ONLINE PROGRAM YOU WILL GAIN:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in mechanical engineering
- Hard hitting know-how in pumps, compressors, piping, seals and machinery safety
- Guidance from experts in the field of mechanical engineering technology
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world– class Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
The next intake starts on the week of October 02, 2017.
Payment is not required until 2 to 4 weeks before the start of the program.
Past student Peter Bramall talking about his experience with EIT while studying the Advanced Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology:
Whilst there is probably not a serious shortage of theoretically oriented practitioners in mechanical engineering. there is a shortage of highly skilled practically oriented mechanical technologists and engineers in the world today, due to the new technologies only recently becoming a key component of all modern plants, factories and offices. The critical shortage of experts in the area has been accentuated by retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. This is regardless of the recession in many countries.
Many businesses throughout the world comment on the difficulty in finding experienced mechanical engineers and technologists despite paying outstanding salaries. For example, about two years ago a need developed for mechanical technologists and engineers in building process plants. The interface from the traditional SCADA and industrial automation system to the web and to mechanical equipment has also created a new need for expertise in these areas. Specialists in these areas are few and far between.
The aim of this 18 month eLearning program is to provide you with core skills in working with mechanical engineering technology and systems and to take advantage of the growing need by industry here.
The five threads running through this program are:
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Applications of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Energy Systems
- Industrial Automation
Who Should Complete this Program
- Plant operations and maintenance personnel
- Design engineers
- Process technicians, technologists and engineers
- Process control engineers and supervisors
- Mechanical technicians, technologists and engineers
- Mechanical equipment sales engineers
- Pump and mechanical equipment operators
- Contract and asset managers
The course is composed of 21 modules to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the field of Mechanical Engineering Technology :
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Mechanics
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- Ac Electrical Motors and Drives
- Rotating Equipment Balancing, Alignment and Condition Monitoring
- Lubrication Engineering
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-conditioning
- Process Plant Layout and Piping Design
- Pipeline Systems
- Pumps and Compressors
- Mechanical Seals
- Safe Lifting
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Machinery Safety
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Industrial Automation
- Measurement and Control Systems
- Management of Hazardous Areas
Learning and Teaching
Benefits of eLearning to Students
- Cost effectiv e: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive. live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible. short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical. perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors. instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just ‘academics’
- No geographical limits. learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support. from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Course Coordinator for the complete duration of the course
- International insight. interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into international practice
Benefits of eLearning to Employers
- Lower training costs. no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime. short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees. keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full time study
- Increase efficiency. improve your engineering or technical employees skills and knowledge
- International insight. students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT eLearning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Course Coordinator.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the groundbreaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
Contact Our Course Advisors
Click here to contact us to receive assistance from our experienced Course Advisors.