Minister Licensing Laws
Minister License ID Cards
Become ordained online today
Perform Weddings and other Ceremonies
If you ask for ordination in the American Fellowship Church, you are indicating that you accept and agree to the American Fellowship Church Code of Ethics.
Before placing your order, please click Code of Ethicsto view the Code of Ethics.
Your Minister License ID Card
Your minister identification card certifies that you are a legally ordained and currently licensed minister.
You may use the titles Pastor, Bishop, Deacon, Minister, Preacher, Priest, Priestess, Chaplain, Rabbi or any other title that you wish, except Doctor titles.
- Your ID card is your Minister License, your ID as a Minister, and your small Certificate of Ordination all in one.
- Your minister ID card will show that you are licensed to perform wedding ceremonies, baptisms and funerals.
- Having minister credentials will allow you to perform the wedding ceremony of a friend or relative*. (See note below re Canada)
In addition, If your ministry takes you to hospitals or prisons, you may use the ID card to help you gain admittance to those institutions. You may also use the card to help obtain special parking privileges when they are available to ordained and licensed ministers.
Performing Weddings and Marriage Ceremonies
If you plan to perform marriages for friends or others, we urge you to review the section “Minister Licensing Laws.” This publication contains important information you need before you perform marriages in the United States.
Some states have special requirements and in a very few areas, (such as Nevada) our ministers cannot perform marriages unless they have an actual congregation or perhaps can’t perform marriages at all. We suggest you order our publication “Details of Marriage Laws” to be well informed.
Additionally you may or may not be able to perform marriages in other countries.
* For example, our ministers may not perform marriages in Canada where very few churches are allowed to do that.
(To order “Details of Marriage Laws” in USA see Church Documents )
Testimonial from one of our ministers.
Since my becoming a minister of the American Fellowship Church, my life has been spiritually, mentally, and physically changed to a degree whereas I know that there is only one way to go, and that is with God.
What’s on your Minister ID Card.
- It will bear the Church logo.
- Your name and address will be typed on the card
- You need to tell us what title you want before your name, if you want something different from Rev.
- The back of the ID Card is signed by the Bishop
- Shows that you are authorized to perform all duties of the ministry including:
- other religious ceremonies.
- The Regular Minister License ID card and the Five-Year Minister License ID card have a date indicating the card is valid until one year or five years from the date it was issued.
- If you would prefer not to have a date on your Minister ID card, you may choose the Lifetime Card which is valid as long as you live. Five-Year and Lifetime cards are laminated in plastic to preserve them over time.
- If you are ordering an ID card for someone other than yourself, you need to put that person’s name and address (as it should appear on the ID card) in the comments section at the bottom of the order form.
- Although we don’t promise, we often process orders immediately so we rely on the information you provide with the order. If you did not provide the full and correct information, we may have to re-do the order at your expense.
You may become legally ordained right now by ordering an Ordination ID Card which is also yourMinister License.
The ID card serves as your proof of ordination as well as your minister’s license.
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with any of the materials you order from us, you may return them (in original condition). for a full refund less the $3 shipping and handling fee.
Since all ordinations take place on Sundays, your ID card along with any other materials you order will be mailed to you via the US Postal Service not later than the Monday following receipt. However, we try, but don’t promise to have your order in the mail by the day after we receive it.
Rev. T. H. Swenson
Countries where we have ordained minister
Antigua, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guyana, Hong Kong, Italy, Ivory Coast Republic, Jamaica, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Guinea, New Zealand, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Rep.of Seychelles, Russia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, UK,USA, United Arab Emirates, Virgin Islands, W.Africa, Wales, Zimbabwe
USA states where we have ordained ministers
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakot, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Canadian Provinces where we have ordained ministers
Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador
American Fellowship Church, 225 Crossroads Blvd. #345, Carmel, CA 93923
Minister Licensing Laws