Tax and Charities Division
HAWAII PROFESSIONAL FUNDRAISING SYSTEM
The Department of the Attorney General’s Professional Fundraising System is now available!
This site allows:
- Members of the public to search and view all of the registration data, contracts, and financial reports filed by paid professional solicitors and fundraising counsel that provide services to registered charities soliciting contributions from donors in Hawaii. Searches may be run using the name of the professional solicitor or fundraising counsel, or by using the “advanced search” feature and entering the name of the charity or solicitor/fundraising counsel’s Federal Employer Identification Number. A summary of the registration information may be downloaded and/or individual documents such as contracts, legal documents, and financial reports may be downloaded from this site.
- Professional solicitors and fundraisers to electronically register and file annual renewals to the Department of the Attorney General by completing a simple online process and uploading copies of their contracts with registered charities, surety bonds, end of solicitation campaign financial reports, and other applicable documents, and paying annual fees. Below are a short guide and a longer user manual for the system to help you get started.
Hawaii Charity Registration System
For charitable organizations that solicit contributions in Hawaii.
A step by step guide on how to start and complete the registration statement for a charitable organization, including guidance on obtaining a logon and password to registration system.
A step by step guide on how registered charities submit their annual financial report (IRS Form 990/990EZ) and audited statements if required, and pay annual fees.
A step by step guide on how registered charities that do not file an IRS Form 990/990EZ or that are not required to file an annual report with the IRS complete a special annual transmittal form to submit their annual financial report and audited financial statements if required, and pay annual fees.
Hawaii Charities Online
This site allows you to:
- Search Hawaii’s Charity Registry for charitable organizations who are registered to solicit contributions in Hawaii or who have been granted an exemption from registration. Search the registry by name of organization, keyword and other search means and view the charity’s registration form. The registry will also provide access for the Form 990/990EZ of each registered charity.
- Pay the annual registration fees.
- Submit an online Exemption From Registration Application. Organizations may now complete and submit an online application for exemption from registration.
IRS Automatic Revocation Program
The federal tax exemption of each organization listed below was automatically revoked for its failure to file a Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF, or 990-N return with the Internal Revenue Service for three consecutive years.